My Speech Class
Public Speaking Tips & Speech Topics
Selecting Your Topic
Writing and Delivering
652 Good Persuasive Speech Topics
This page is a collection of over 1000 persuasive speech topic ideas for college students. Use this list as a last resort: you are much more likely to be successful when you choose a topic that genuinely interests you, rather than merely picking one from a list. Talking about something you know well makes it much easier and fun! >
Our list is huge! It is by far the best list you will find online – both in terms of quantity and quality. We add and remove ideas weekly to keep the list up-to-date. Some persuasive speech ideas have been done to death. They are tired and stale, and are not likely to excite you or your audience (think abortion, gun control, smoking, same-sex marriage). If you can’t find one on our persuasive speech topic list or persuasive essay list that grabs you, consider a newer and fresher topic, something unique and original.
Many timely persuasive speech topics can be found on radio, TV, your local newspaper, or your Facebook and Twitter feeds. We also have Argumentative (which is a persuasive topic as well, just on a controversial issue) and Policy topics. If you know of a cool topic, please send it to us and we will publish it on a page with fresh topics.
For persuasive essay topic ideas have a look at our list of Interesting Research Paper topics: these can be easily adapted for persuasive speeches.
List of Persuasive Speech Topics
Crafting a persuasive speech or writing a persuasive essay begins with picking the right topic. A good persuasive speech topic is one that you can use to grab the audience’s attention, inform and persuade, and provide a strong persuasive argument for adopting your point of view.
How to narrow down this list of ideas?
First, make a rough inventory:
- Which of the speech topics are you interested in?
- What amuses you, makes you move right the way, happy or sad?
- Which topics do you know something about?
- Which topics would you like to research?
Review your inventory list and narrow your choices by answering these questions:
- Do you know global, national, state, community, job or school-related problems and solutions, issues or controversies, related to the persuasive speech ideas?
- Are you excited about any historical or current events, places, processes, organizations or interesting people?
- Do you have certain concerns, opinions, or beliefs?
- Do you think something has to change in the human attitude or social values?
- Did you see or hear something in the news or read about in library books on any of these topics?
- Is there a link with personal experiences, professional or personal goals?
All the answers on the questions above help you to find your angle of approach for a conclusive speech. So, select a few specific angles. Those can serve as the basic main points.
- Should more pets be adopted than bought from a breeder?
- Are pitbulls a vicious breed?
- Should a dog that has bitten somebody be executed?
- Should we tame wild animals like lions and sharks.
- Should battery farming still be legal?
- Should ‘factory farming’ be banned?
- Adopting pets is the best choice.
- How do puppy mills affect us?
- The benefits of having pets.
- Why cats make the perfect pet.
See this page for a full list of Speech Topics About Animals.
- Should the public first learn how to drive a manual transmission before obtaining their license?
- Drivers should have to take three courses before getting a license.
- Should young children use booster seats in vehicles?
- Hands-free cell phone use in cars should be promoted.
- Should the driving age be 14?
- The danger of texting and driving.
- Watch out for animals when driving.
- Why police should not chase a car.
- Why you should buy a Japanese car.
- Why sports cars are dangerous.
- Driving tests should be free.
- Share the road with bikes.
The world of business has so many aspects to it, but at the end of the day they are all about customer relations, about making money and about the relationship between employers and employees.
Below are topics that can be used to persuade your audience on a variety of business topics.
A tongue in cheek topic that can be used is “Hiring a lazy person isn’t always a bad thing”, this could be used to persuade an audience that often lazy people find the quickest solution to get something done, resulting in quickly completed work because they just want to get it over and done with.
- Advertising has tons of mind games.
- Advertising standards should be higher.
- The importance of understanding niche marketing.
- Why introverts make good leaders.
- Owning a business means you will lose your friends.
- Business will harden you.
- You should never go into business with family members.
- Just because someone knows you it doesn’t mean you owe them any discounts.
- To be a business owner you must learn to be well organized.
- It’s important that a business should have personality.
- Do you think it would be fair for the government to detain suspected terrorists without proper trial?
- Should flag burning as a form of protest be prohibited?
- Should every day begin with a silent prayer at school?
- Why alcohol should be illegal.
- Prayer in schools should not be mandatory.
Easy and Simple
Below follow topics that should be easy enough to persuade your audience without going into too much research. There are some which can be used as ‘tongue in cheek’ topics such as ‘The paparazzi are the real stalkers’ and ‘People need to visit the dentist more often’.
- People should not text while driving.
- Celebrities who break the law should receive stiffer penalties.
- Teachers should pass a basic exam every few years to renew their certification.
- Cities should offer free bike-sharing programs.
- People should eat less junk food.
- We should do more to end poverty and world hunger.
- We should value the elders in our society and learn from their wisdom.
- Money can’t buy love or happiness.
- Children should be offered incentives for doing right, rather than punishment for wrongdoing.
- More recycling should be encouraged.
- Should products manufactured outside the U. S. come with an additional tax?
- Buy products that are made in the USA.
- Free trade agreements are bad for workers.
- The trade deficit with China is dangerous.
- The minimum wage should be increased.
- Daylight savings time has many advantages for our economy.
- The oil companies are to blame for the rising energy prices.
- In most countries the economy is in the mighty hands of just a few multinational corporations.
- Hiring cheaper foreign employees hurts our economy.
- Teachers should have to pass a test of basic skills every decade to renew their certifications.
- Should free college tuition be offered to poor children?
- Would it be better to introduce a set of skills tests for students, before they graduate high school?
- Do you believe that students who are responsible for cyberbullying should be expelled from school?
- Would it be better if high school students completed community service hours to graduate?
- Do you think elementary and high school students should be allowed to use cell phones at school?
- Should students have to be on the honor roll in order to play sports?
- Art and music programs in public schools are an essential part of education.
- Schools should have the right to search students’ personal property (backpacks, lockers, pockets) to fight drugs in schools.
- Do you think students should be allowed to listen to music during study hall?
See this page for a full list of Education Persuasive Speech Topics.
- Should there be stricter laws for protecting endangered species?
- Should only native plants be grown in gardens?
- More people should carpool or use public transportation.
- Should the U. S. limit the use of natural resources?
- How pollution is negatively affecting humanity.
- We should use algae to make oil instead of drilling.
- Why hydraulic fracturing should be banned.
- Why we shouldn’t use disposable diapers.
- Hybrid cars are good for the environment.
- We should keep our community clean.
- Do you think female construction workers should have the same salary as male construction workers?
- Should assisted suicide be legal for people who suffer from terminal illnesses?
- Do you think the death penalty is the best punishment for dangerous criminals?
- Should you base your perspective of people on stereotypes you have heard?
- Should product testing on animals or humans be allowed?
- Why you should not choose your child’s genetics.
- Are people morally obligated to help the poor?
- Female genital mutilation should be stopped.
- Is it ethical to eat meat?
- Wearing fur is unethical.
- Should underaged people be allowed to consume alcohol at home, with parental permission?
- Should children 13 or younger be allowed to watch music videos or music channels like MTV?
- Do you think those older than 13 should be allowed into R-rated movies?
- Should teenagers be allowed to purchase violent video games?
- Is it appropriate for children to watch horror movies?
- Those under 16 should not be allowed to date.
- Parental pressure on child actors and athletes is harmful.
- Why parents should not hit their children.
- Fairy tales are good for young children.
- Why kids should not play R rated games.
See this page for a full list of Family Persuasive Speech Topics. We also have a page with Speech Topics for Kids.
- Men should wear pink.
- Choose an Eco-Fashion Fabrics Wardrobe!
- Are Sustainable Clothes Really Sustainable?
- Jewelry: Less Is More.
- Fashion Reveals Your True Identity.
- Fashion Is An Expression Of The Character
- Why banks should ban hats and sunglasses to avoid robberies.
- Student loans should be forgiven.
- Reservation casinos are only beneficial if managed correctly.
- National debt is everyones problem.
- Purchasing a car is smarter than leasing one.
- The Japanese yen is affected by the weakness of the dollar.
- The Euro currency will oust the dollar.
- The Chinese Yuan / Japanese Yen / European Euro will all surpass the Dollar as leading currency.
- Phase the penny coin out.
- Severe budget cuts are the only way to maximise good financial results.
- Keeping a close eye on personal finance is key in achieving something in life.
Food and Drink
- Genetically modified foods should be labeled.
- Do you believe companies who manufacture alcohol should be allowed to advertise on TV?
- Every child should learn to cook.
- Cooking should be taught in schools.
- Should we donate unused food from supermarkets?
- The history of added sugar in our food.
- We should all grow our own vegetables.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables.
- The promise of genetically engineered food.
- Why peanuts are amazing.
- Drink more orange juice.
- Why people should cook.
- Farmers’ markets should be increased.
- Eating organic is good for your health.
- Get artificial hormones out of food.
Fun topics are a great way to get people to listen to what you have to say, because when they are entertained they listen more carefully. Fun topics also help the speaker be more at ease, because the topics are more relaxed. Below follow 100 topics that you can have fun with while persuading your audience. .
- Ghosts are not real.
- We all need to be childish.
- Smokers have more acquaintances.
- Music has the power to heal.
- Diamonds are a girls best friends.
- Couples need to live together before getting married.
- Allow kids to believe in Santa.
- Pick up lines do work.
- Cake is not cake if it is dry.
- Parents must be prepared for the ‘birds and bees’ talk.
See this page for a full list of Fun Persuasive Speech Topics.
Funny and Humorous
Humour is a fabulous way to get people’s attention. Below are questions and statement topics that can be used to get your points across on a variety of topics.
It is important to remember that there can be a fine line between funny and insulting. So use wit and make it fun without insulting your audience. This would be important to remember with a title like ‘The most dangerous animal out there is a silent woman’.
- Blondes are not as dumb as they look.
- Why funny pick-up lines work.
- Guys gossip more than girls do.
- You should not be Facebook friends with your mom.
- If things go wrong, your horoscope is to blame.
- Students should not have to do a persuasive speech in front of a large audience.
- Millennials should stop wearing spandex yoga pants all the time.
- Dads are more fun than moms.
- Argumentative essays are pointless.
- Shoes that don’t fit right are hazardous to your health.
See this page for a full list of Funny Persuasive Speech Topics.
- Do you believe there should be stricter federal restrictions regarding content on the internet?
- Should employers be required to post job opportunities on a government-run website?
- The government should provide shelter for the homeless.
- Should the state fund schools run by religions?
- Whose face should be printed on the newest bank note?
- Do you believe Puerto Rico should become a state?
- Our nation’s justice system needs to be improved.
- Should the government have a say in our diets?
- The military budget must be decreased.
- Should people get drug tested for state aid?
- How policy works in local government.
- The government should increase funding of Amtrak.
- Fixing potholes should be a priority of local government.
- Eminent domain should be used rarely.
- The war on drugs is a failure.
- Zoning laws should be common sense.
- Female minors should be allowed to get birth control without telling their parents.
- Should stem cell researchers be able to use cells from aborted babies to help cure diseases?
- Should doctors be allowed to prescribe contraception for girls under 16?
- Do you think it would be better if the USA had a universal health care system?
- Do you believe free condoms should be distributed in schools?
- Regular exercise will improve your health.
- Restaurants should post all ingredients to prevent allergic reactions.
- Do you believe fast food should come with a warning label?
- The use of animals in medical research is a necessary evil.
- Seat belts ensure all passengers a safer ride.
See this page for a full list of Persuasive Speech Topics on Health and Fitness. We also have a page with Medical Topics.
School is a whole new world, where students discover more about themselves and life around them. These are topics that students will most likely have to deal with at some point during their elementary, middle, and high school careers.
- High school students should be allowed to have cell phones in school.
- High school students should not have to wear school uniforms.
- All high school students should learn a foreign language.
- Girls should be allowed to play on the boys’ sports teams.
- High school students should be required to do community service.
- Extracurricular activities are important for your future.
- Students should be able to stay up late, even on school nights.
- Peer pressure helps students grow as individuals.
- Students should have healthy food options.
- Students should be paid for getting good grades.
The following topics are for college students and about the many different aspects that they will deal with during their time in college.
- College textbooks should be replaced by iPads.
- Mobile phones should be switched off during a lecture.
- College students shouldn’t skip classes.
- Students shouldn’t study something that they are not passionate about.
- Gap years are actually a very good idea.
- Notes should always be taken in class.
- Student loans are expensive and students need to understand what they are getting themselves into.
- Students should get to know other students.
- It’s smart to get the harder classes out of the way first.
- Taking summer classes will help students get ahead of schedule.
The following topics are aimed at teens and subjects which are important and matter to teens.
- Teenage girls should be on birth control.
- Teenage boys are lazier than girls.
- Teens should have weekend jobs.
- Homework should not be given.
- Being popular isn’t a good thing.
- Teens are obsessed with scary things.
- Chores shouldn’t be paid for.
- Sex education must be compulsory.
- Exchange student programs for all students.
- Free time gets teens into trouble.
See this page for a full list of Great Speech Topics for Teens.
- Did the U. S. Army provide their soldiers drugs during the Vietnam war?
- African — American achievements should be celebrated.
- Why Lincoln was the best President.
- Revisionist history is dangerous.
- The moon landing was a lie.
See this page for a full list of History Speech Topics.
Interesting topics will always have an audience glued to every word, even when they may disagree with your point of view. Ultimately it is your job to persuade them that your view is in fact correct.
These topics have a mix of simpler speeches such as “Pick up lines do work” here both humour and a few examples of pick up lines have worked will get you going in the right direction. For a speech with a bit more research put into it there are topics such as “Stem cell research in murder”.
- The standards of beauty are never the same.
- Princess Diana was killed.
- Energy drinks are dangerous.
- School day needs to involve less sitting and more exercise.
- No credit cards for under 25.
- Healthy relationships require conflicts.
- Everyone needs medical insurance.
- Tooth whitening is out of control.
- In future air planes won’t crash.
- Business should hire more apprentices.
- Do you think it is time for the United States to suspend overseas military operations?
- The U. S. should cut off all foreign aid to dictatorships.
- Why you should volunteer in a developing country.
- Should Scotland be a country of its own?
- China will be the next superpower.
- Is any nation truly independent?
- Should women drive in Saudi Arabia?
- Foreign oil dependence is dangerous.
- Weapons disarmament should be increased.
- The war in Iraq was a mistake.
- The United Nations is important in defusing international crises.
- Human rights should be advanced all over the world.
- China will be the almighty economic superpower by 2025.
- Should those who are caught driving after consuming alcohol lose their driver’s license for one year?
- Should it be illegal to drive while talking on the phone?
- Should illegal music and movie downloads be prosecuted?
- Do you believe illegal immigrants should be allowed to apply for a driver’s license?
- Should motorcyclists have to wear a helmet?
- People over 65 should be required to take a bi-annual driver’s test.
- Should the driving age be raised to 21?
- Should assault weapons be legal?
- Should known gang members be prohibited from public parks?
- Do you think it should be illegal for people to curse on TV during daytime?
- Should it be legal for people to own exotic pets such as tigers or chimps?
- Is the fast food industry legally accountable for obesity?
- Should the U. S. government add an extra tax for fatty snacks and junk food?
- Should it be legal to smoke in parks and other similar outdoor locations?
- Would you support English being the official language of the USA?
- Do you think abortions should be legal?
- Should the government declare gambling and sports betting illegal?
- Do you believe the government should recognize same-sex marriage?
- Do you believe that not wearing a seatbelt should be illegal?
- Would it be better if the voting age was lowered to thirteen?
- Should minors who commit serious crimes be charged as adults?
- Should people who play music too loud face fines?
- Bullying should be taken seriously and be illegal.
- Should people who fail to recycle be obliged to pay a fine?
- Do you believe medicinal marijuana should be legalized?
- The age to be eligible for Social Security benefits should not exceed 62.
- Should abortions be considered illegal?
- Do you think immigration laws need to be revised?
- Why smoking should be illegal in public places.
- Why U. S. should have mandatory military service.
- Drunk driving laws don’t seem to be working.
- Should homosexuals have marriage rights?
- Should a hunting license be necessary?
- Why we should have capital punishment.
- Child labor should be banned.
- Assisted suicide should be legal.
- Why we should legalize drugs.
- Lower the drinking age.
- Drinking and driving needs tougher laws.
- Gay marriage should be protected.
- Why reading is more beneficial than watching television.
- Why it is a good idea to read Fifty Shades of Grey.
- Why people need to read more books.
- Why it’s wrong for the media to promote a certain beauty standard.
- Is the media responsible for the moral degradation of teens?
- Do magazines marketed to teenagers send the wrong message?
- Why Disney should not be making Star Wars movies.
- Why you should study photography.
- Should certain T. V. shows have age restrictions?
- Why the media is to blame for eating disorders.
- The media does not force us to worship false icons.
- Why the Russian should have beat Rocky.
- Television is harmful to children.
- Why comic books are good to read.
- Some TV shows are educational.
- Make TV more educational.
- We need more funding for public television and radio.
- Violence on television should be regulated.
- Cable TV monopolies destroy competition.
- Katniss Everdeen would alienate Harry Potter.
- School leaders must shape high-achieving learning curricula for students.
- Set a clear goal and devote all your positive energy toward reaching it.
- What to do for people who have no motivation to live a happy life.
- The art of moral imagination is the key to intellectual and spiritual development.
- Why it is hard to follow your dream.
- What keep most of us from following the voice of your heart when it comes to love or even discovery travelling?
- Overcome your stage fright and fear of public speaking.
- Begin with forming a moral tool set when children are young and build further when they are at least 18 years old.
- Aim straightforward in whatever project you undertake, and emphasize and evaluate what you want to achieve often in between the completed parts of the total planning.
- Prudence is an effort you can turn non-believers into believers in your plans.
- Why the french horn should be played more.
- Should schools allow uncensored songs at school dances?
- How listening to music could improve your day.
- Why music is beneficial to society.
- MP3 music should be free.
- Rock music is better than Country & Western.
- Are intensive security screenings essential for those who travel in airplanes?
- Negotiating with terrorists is sometimes justifiable.
- Should police carry firearms?
- Homosexuals belong in the military.
- Women benefit the military in many ways.
- Should police carry toy guns?
- Should it be legal for politicians to accept campaign contributions from corporate lobbyists?
- Why you should vote.
- Ban abusive language in elections.
- Why you should know Bernie Sanders.
- Term limits need to be respected.
- Give Kurdistan back to the Kurds.
- Zimbabwe is the next drama in world politics.
- Central Asian states could become a threat.
- America is not the world’s policeman.
- Globalization pays off.
- Only democracy stimulates to life real in liberty and to pursuit happiness.
- Some democratic republics pretend they are democracies.
- Middle East peace efforts are worthless and media silence is the only way out.
- Political correctness kills freedom of speech and wheedles to oppression and no respect for human rights.
- A President should be able to serve for more than two terms if the people want her or him.
- Political funding committees should be more regulated.
- Basic survival skills are important to know.
- Basic camping skills everyone should know.
- Personal hygiene is important for professional success.
- Intelligence depends more on the environment than genetics.
- Human development depends primarily on environmental factors.
- Why we should not see psychologists.
- Why do we need to love and to be loved?
- Can money give you happiness?
- Why introverts make the best public speakers.
- Verbal abuse can be much more destructive than physical.
See this page for a full list of Psychology Speech Topics.
- Should young people have internet relationships?
- Men and women speak a different language of love.
- Long distance relationships are possible.
- Why it is important to live together before marriage.
- Teens should live with their friends once a week.
- Jealousy can be a disease.
- Most people say they will break up with a cheating partner, but in the end most people do not.
- Counseling is the solution for working through relationship problems.
- Intimacy is the key to a successful relationship.
- Women cheat more than men do.
- Should public schools teach world religions?
- Students should be allowed to pray in school.
- Women should be priests.
- Religious conflict must be avoided.
- Why Islam is a peaceful religion.
- Islamic fundamentalism is not true Islam.
- Religious cults are dangerous.
- Faith in God should be protected.
See this page for a full list of Topics on Religion and Spirituality.
- Do you think the United States government should spend more on space programs?
- Why should we be aware of what is happening in outer space?
- Why Pluto should still be considered a planet.
- Mars was the same as Earth in the past.
- Why you should donate your body to science.
- We need more scientific advancements.
- Qualitative research is more preferable than quantitative research.
- Religion and science do not mix. (Or: they do.)
- Scientists have the duty to translate their findings in normal language.
- Theories are useless if they can not be transformed into strategies.
See this page for a full list of Persuasive Science Speech Topics.
- Art is a stress reliever and can reduce depression.
- With hardwork and determination anyone can be successful.
- Why we should live life spontaneously.
- Improve your time management.
- Embarrassing moments make you stronger.
- Be true to yourself.
- Dress for success.
- How to continue your personal growth.
- The importance of self — confidence.
- If you don’t give up, you’ll make it.
- Talking to yourself can be beneficial.
- Should larger passengers be obliged to purchase two plane tickets, or two movie tickets?
- Should American families have no more than two children, in order to control population growth?
- Should property owners be obliged to clean the snow from sidewalks on their property?
- Should there be a cop in every bar to make sure people do not drink and drive?
- Do you believe that older people should receive free bus rides?
- Should all citizens of the USA complete one year of community service?
- Do you believe it is time for America to use the metric system?
- Why it should be mandatory for all students to stand for the pledge.
- Do you believe that cities should provide free wireless internet?
- Why living in the country is better than the city.
See this page for a full list of Persuasive Society Speech Topics.
Some sports topics can quickly turn into an argument between fans so keep in mind that special care should be taken with some of the suggested topics.
The term soccer was used to distinguished between soccer and American football, feel free to use the term football for those countries that do not use the term soccer.
- Should some musical groups, such as marching band and show choir, be considered a sport?
- Do you think cities should have a bike sharing system?
- Should college athletes be paid?
- Why baseball players should take drug tests before playing.
- High school football programs should receive less funding.
- Female sports should be given equal coverage by the media.
- Should drug tests be mandatory for professional athletes?
- Should athletes be paid less?
- Should drug tests be mandatory for school athletes?
- Winning is not as important as trying your best.
See this page for a full list of Persuasive Sports Speech Topics.
Top 101 Best Persuasive Essay Topics in 2017
Top 101 topics below are a great source of inspiration for you own paper. They will give you the ideas you are looking for, alternatively, you can get an essay written for a small fee.
A persuasive essay is a type of writing that attempts to convince the reader or opponent that your argument or claim is correct. The main objective of the persuasive speech is to make the students master the art of persuasion. This type of essay is a common assignment during high-school and early college years, so senior high school students and junior college students should benefit from it most of all. A persuasive essay outline is as follows: an introduction, body paragraphs, and a conclusion.
Find Your Persuasive Essay Ideas
The 101 topics below are a great source of information. They will give you the ideas you are looking for, alternatively, you can also get your paper written for you by paying a small fee. Our service provides top quality essay writing services – because we have the expertise required to come up with top-notch quality writing that will not only meet your needs but will also get the grade you want.
HOW TO WRITE A PERSUASIVE ESSAY
Persuasive essays share a great deal of resemblance with argumentative essays. The major difference is that the argumentative essay should show a discussion as opposed to a single opinion. When working on a persuasive essay topic, one should remember that in order to persuade the reader, good persuasive speech topics imply that your statement or argument is correct. This usually means that such topics should be written down in a form of a sentence as opposed to a question.
Easy Persuasive Speech and Essay Topics
- In modern classrooms, exams do not match a student’s ability.
- Schools should have nothing to do with ads.
- Soda shouldn’t be sold to kids in restaurants.
- French fries shouldn’t be served in public school cafeterias.
- There should be different classes for boys and girls.
- Breastfeeding should be allowed in public places.
- Parents should go to jail if their kids do something illegal.
- People under 21 should be allowed to drink alcohol with parental consent.
- Parents must be responsible for providing a healthy diet.
- Parents should regularly check children’s belongings for drugs.
- The Internet was invented to change our lives.
Mid-Difficulty Persuasive Topics for a Speech or an Essay
- Is the ACLU a scam that is no good for America?
- Commercial testing on animals should be banned.
- Alternative energy is cheap enough to replace the fossil fuels.
- Churches should pay taxes.
- The United States should maintain the Cuba embargo.
- College football should replace the Bowl Championship Series (BCS) with a playoff system.
- Decrease of the federal corporate income tax rate creates jobs
- The age for drinking should be older than 21.
- The felons who have completed their sentence should be allowed to vote.
Difficult Persuasive Speech and Essay Topics
- Sex orientation is determined in childhood.
- The capital punishment is a crime.
- The humans are the main causes of a climate change.
- Euthanasia should be allowed.
- Adults must be allowed to carry electroshock weapon.
- The U. S. Supreme Court should ban the same-sex marriages.
- The ways to solve the Israeli-Palestinian conflict exist.
- Defending yourself should be a constitutional right under the Second Amendment.
- Illegal immigrants shouldn’t be put in prison and forced to work to pay for their upkeep.
College Level Topics for Persuasive Essays and Speeches
- Is there an equal representation of genders in politics.
- Cell phone use and texting make it difficult to concentrate.
- Textbooks are obsolete and should be replaced by iPads.
- Students should be careful about posting on social media.
- A border fence will solve the dilemma of immigration.
- Cyber-attacks are a vital intelligence tool for all countries.
- Recycling more needs to be required by law.
- College network use filters to block inappropriate materials.
- The social network should be prohibited while on school property.
- Should girls have equal representation on co-ed wrestling and football teams?
- Domestic terrorism is not really an overwhelming issue in America.
- Identity theft is a huge problem for elderly people.
Bachelor’s Level Persuasive Speech and Essay Topics
- Fast food restaurants should prominently display calories.
- The current tax system overburdens the middle-class.
- Chronic mental patients live in “halfway houses” in the community
- Billboards should be prohibited on highways.
- Psychiatrists should testify in court when a defendant enters a non-guilty-by-reason-of-insanity plea.
- A National Health Insurance Program should be required by the U. S. constitution.
- Child molesters should be put to death.
- Prospective parents should be required to take parenting classes.
- Getting married in high school should be encouraged for teen moms.
- The United Nations should be disbanded?
- Prisons should use music and art to calm prisoners.
- Educated people should be required to volunteer as literacy tutors.
- Constructing Olympic venues near UNESCO protected sites is deplorable.
Master’s Level Persuasive Speech and Essay Topics
- Society should shun prescribed codes of ethics.
- There is no such thing as good and evil.
- Sexual desire defines human behavior?
- Selfishness is an innate human behavior and should be encouraged.
- Intelligence should be genetically engineered.
- Genetics determines human behavior.
- Happiness comes from helping others and selfish people are always unhappy.
- God is not dead.
- There is much evil in the world, we should turn to God.
- Ethics are the unselfish means humans derive from their parenting instincts.
- The truth is universal.
- Creation of wealth comes from taking advantage of other people’s hard work.
Funny Topics for Persuasive Essays
- What would happen if donkeys took over the world?
- Where do all the mismatched run away to?
- Why I hate country music (an exclusive tell-all biography).
- The worst song in the world.
- People love to watch shark attack shows and they are cheering for the shark.
- Why do they have tanning booths at the beach?
- Your video game skills can get you a good job.
- Why you love email spam more than real email.
- Why wearing braces makes it easier to scare strangers.
- Playing with Barbie will change your life.
- Why Mickey Mouse frightens.
- How to fake it as a non-sporty girlfriend.
- How to look busy at work without doing any actual work.
- Being a living Barbie doll has destroyed my life.
Controversial Topics for a Persuasive Essay
- Bailing out financial institutions should not be an allowed use of federal tax money.
- Surveillance makes the U. S. society.
- Polygamy should be banned.
- Lesbian mothers create deviant daughters.
- No warrant should be needed for search and seizures.
- We should abolish the jury system and give sole power to judges.
- Biological weapons should not be allowed.
- Torture should be illegal.
- Contraception should be banned for children.
- In order to have children, both parents should be certified.
- Genetically modified organisms have benefits.
- The world would be better off without educated women.
- Harvesting sperm from dead male relatives should be considered incestuous and illegal.
- Children should be paid by parents for home chores.
- The USA should populate the moon and establish a military outpost there.
- Grades should be outlawed as counterproductive and degrading.
- A survival plan should become a must-have for every family in case of natural disasters.
- Parents should talk to their children about drugs at a young age.
- Cats make better pets than turtles.
- Religion freedom doesn’t really exist for most people all over the world.
- There must be an implant contraception for men too.
If you are looking for persuasive essay examples here is a great one below
FREE PERSUASIVE ESSAY EXAMPLE
What Is the Use of Writing Persuasive Essays?
Persuasive writing allows us to look critically at ideas and topics that we might not pay enough attention to outside the classroom. The debate has always been a catalyst for change, for improvement and growth at both the societal and personal level. Writing persuasive essays and speeches stretches your imagination and, sometimes, it can provide life-defining introspection.
We would encourage all our visitors to use these essay topics as basic ideas to develop your own topics. Don’t forget your referencing – use our APA referencing tool or hire us to help you with your essay. Just place an order and get your professionally written paper on time.
You may also find useful
Here is the list of the most popular argumentative essay topics of 2017. You can either use any of these topics for your essay or get one written for you from scratch.
Essay topics are the first things students start thinking about when assigned to write an essay. Here are only 3 steps to follow when picking a proper topic.
Globalization is nothing new; it’s a normal process of human civilization that has been going on for thousands of years. But! Globalization is something interesting; it’s an inevitable process. Read the article and learn more about globalization!
Random FAQ :
We do guarantee the highest standards of the papers we produce. However we cannot guarantee your grade. We also guarantee completely plagiarism-free papers as we check all of them with the latest version of plagiarism-detection software before delivering to the customer. In case you find any plagiarism though we guarantee the full money refund.
We provide one of the best writing services available. We have 100% customer satisfaction guarantee which means that customer satisfaction is our top priority.
Our 100% customer satisfaction policy guarantees you that you may request as many revisions as you find it necessary. To request a revision for the completed paper, please login to your control panel and click on a «Request Revision» link.
As you will see from the tabbed subject list on our website, we do cover almost every imaginable topic. We employ approximately 1200 writers who have all sorts of qualifications, and our company is constantly expanding. If a specific writer you request is busy with other assignments when you place your order, we will usually be able to match the order to another writer who also has excellent credentials.
The usual method of payment is by credit card, online, but you can also use PayPal. Payment is required at the time you place your order. We are a PCI-compliant website, all sensitive information is transmitted via 256-bit AES-encrypted SSL channel, and your credit card data is not stored in our database. However, if you feel hesitant using your credit card online, please feel free to place your order over the phone. To do this, you first need to visit our order page, enter assignment criteria, click «Proceed to Payment», and call us when on the payment page. We will quickly identify your order and activate it, after the payment has been processed.
There are several formats you can choose from: Word Document File (.DOC) Excel Datasheet (.XLS) Rich Text Format (.RTF) Power Point Presentation (.PPT) ZIP Archive Format — includes any multiple files in a single file (.ZIP)
Our assignments are completely free of plagiarism. We do not resell our work. We provide complete and total confidentiality to the extent that even your writer does not know your identity.
Our company is run by an administrative and management team, who co-ordinate the incoming orders. The management team also co-ordinates our huge pool of writers. The writers themselves are very diverse, as they have almost every imaginable qualification to their names, in all fields and at all levels. Most of our writers are UK-based, with some being based in the USA, Australia or New Zealand; in effect they have all had a British education. All of them hold at least a Bachelors degree. Some of them hold a Ph. D., many of them have a Masters degree, and some of them are on the way to their Masters. All of our writers are native English speakers, and they know the difference between US and UK spelling and grammar. In case there is any doubt, all of our writers are given a brief showing the difference between UK and US English.
We have an excellent reputation, and pride ourselves on making it steadily better, with more and more satisfied customers every year. We know that there are other custom writing sites that claim to offer what we offer, but just a quick look at those organisations» websites will tell you that their English isn»t all that good, and their presentation of information is not very professional or clear. That»s what you can expect in your papers, too. Compare our site, with its flawless English and crisp presentation of information, and know that what you see here is what you will get from EssayMasters. co. uk. Or let»s put it another way: in our line of work, you would soon hear from your friends, class-mates and colleagues if we were disreputable!
Usually the completed paper will be sent to you as an MS Word document. It will contain the normal aspects of an academic paper, such as a title, section sub-headings, double or 1.5 line spacing, and full references both in the text and in a reference list or bibliography at the end of the paper (or footnotes, if you prefer this). If you have requested graphs, statistics tables and so on, these will be included in the paper. You can select the style of referencing which you prefer; please click on the Referencing tab to read more about this.
Yes! You can talk to the writer as much as you want via your personal control panel. All customers who place an order have access to the system, which allows both you and the writer to clear up any confusion even before it arises, or to swap information easily and keep track of the progress on your paper, to request revisions, and so on. The communication between you and your writer is not visible to anyone else apart from EssayMasters. co. uk»s administrative team. Our control panel is a fantastic and easy-to-use facility. You can also talk to the administrative staff from the same page (this communication will not be shown to the writer).
The most important guarantee we offer is that if you are dissatisfied with your completed order, and if you can show us where it does not meet the requirements which you stated clearly when you placed the order, we will redo the paper free of charge. Besides that, we undertake to meet your deadlines, and to write papers that are properly referenced and well structured, and are of a high academic standard.
Study Guides and Strategies
Writing assignment series
The Five Paragraph Essay
The five paragraph essay measures a student’s basic writing skills,
and is often a timed exercise.
Use this Guide to help you practice and succeed at this form of writing.
Getting started means getting organized:
Analyze the assignment; determine what is required.
With a highlighter, note important words that define the topic.
Then organize your plan
For example, you have been given this writing prompt:
You have a present that was really memorable. It could have been given for an important occasion or just for no reason at all. Tell us about the present and why it was memorable. Include the reason it was given, a description of it, and how you felt when you got it.
The objective is to write a narrative essay about this present you were given
The subject is a memorable present
The three main subtopics are:
- the reason it was given
- a description of it
- and how you felt when you got it
Outline your five paragraph essay; include these elements:
General Topic Sentence: memorable present
- Subtopic One: the reason it was given
- Subtopic Two: a description of it
- Subtopic Three: how you felt when you got it
First Supporting Paragraph
- Restate Subtopic One
- Supporting Details or Examples
Second Supporting Paragraph
- Restate Subtopic Two
- Supporting Details or Examples
Third Supporting Paragraph
- Restate Subtopic Three
- Supporting Details or Examples
Closing or Summary Paragraph
- Synthesis and conclusion of the thesis
- Rephrasing main topic and subtopics.
Write the essay!
Think small; build the full essay gradually.
Divide your essay into sections and develop each piece separately and incrementally.
The Introductory Paragraph
- The opening paragraph sets the tone
It not only introduces the topic, but where you are going with it (the thesis). If you do a good job in the opening, you will draw your reader into your «experience.» Put effort up front, and you will reap rewards.
- Write in the active voice
It is much more powerful. Do that for each sentence in the introductory essay. Unless you are writing a personal narrative, do not use the pronoun «I.»
- Varying sentence structure
Review to avoid the same dull pattern of always starting with the subject of the sentence.
- Brainstorm to find the best supporting ideas
The best supporting ideas are the ones about which you have some knowledge. If you do not know about them, you cannot do a good job writing about them. Don’t weaken the essay with ineffective argument.
- Practice writing introductory paragraphs on various topics
Even if you do not use them, they can be compared with the type of writing you are doing now. It is rewarding to see a pattern of progress.
- Write a transition to establish the sub-topic
Each paragraph has to flow, one to the next.
- Write the topic sentence
The transition can be included in the topic sentence.
- Supporting ideas, examples, details must be specific to the sub-topic
The tendency in supporting paragraphs is to put in just about anything.
Avoid this: the work you have made above with details and examples will help you keep focused.
- Vary sentence structure
Avoid repetitious pronouns and lists
Avoid beginning sentences the same way (subject + verb + direct object).
The Ending or Summary Paragraph
This is a difficult paragraph to write effectively.
You cannot assume that the reader sees your point
- Restate the introductory thesis/paragraph with originality
Do not simply copy the first paragraph
- Summarize your argument with some degree of authority
this paragraph should leave your reader with no doubt as to your position or conclusion of logic
- Be powerful as this is the last thought that you are leaving with the reader.
Edit and revise your essay
Check your spelling and grammar
Subjects and verbs agree, and verb tenses are consistent
Examine your whole essay for logic
Thought builds and flows?
Avoid gaps in logic, or too much detail.
Review individual sentences
- Use active verbs to be more descriptive
Avoid passive constructions and the verb «to be»
- Use transitional words and phrases
Avoid sentences beginning with pronouns, constructions as «There are. »
Example: «There is a need to proofread all works» becomes «Proofreading is a must.»
- Be concise
though vary the length and structure of sentences
Ask a knowledgeable friend to review and comment on your essay
and to repeat back what you are trying to say. You may be surprised.