Samples essays for scholarship applications
How to write a Scholarship Essay — Examples
Scholarship Essays should use this formatting unless specified otherwise:
- Two to three pages in length
- Double spaced
- Times New Roman font
- 12 point font
- One-inch top, bottom, and side margins
These scholarship essay examples are provided for insight on how to write a scholarship essay.
Scholarship Essay Example 1 addresses the following question: «Choose a book or books that have affected you deeply and explain why.» In this case, the applicant has chosen the novel Germinal by Emile Zola. The essay is strong and well-written, although not without its flaws.
Scholarship Essay Example 1
The scholarship essay example 2 question (Who has been the most influential person in your life?) is a common scholarship prompt. The example posted here is a winning scholarship submission that deals effectively and affectionately with the question.
10 Scholarship Essay Examples
There are different letter documents andВ essay examplesВ that are used in the field of education. These letters are usually written to measure the qualifications of an individual or to identify the level of learning that he/she has acquired from an activity. Though the purpose of academic letters are not limited to the specified undertaking, it is common for these letters to contain information about a person, an educational subject or a particular academic cause or issue. One of these academic letters is the scholarship essay.
A scholarship letter is used to support the application of an individual for a scholarship grant. Most organizations who provide financial help to qualified students typically require a scholarship essay to be submitted alongside other minimum requirements.
What Is a Scholarship Essay?
A scholarship essay is an important document that is used in the processes of scholarship application. This letter may be simple but it can provide a lot of difference with regards the decision on whether an individual will be approved for a scholarship grant or not. To make it clearer for you on how this document works, a scholarship essay can be defined as follows:
- A scholarship essay provides more information about a scholarship candidate.В It can talk about the personal life of the candidate or it can also specify his/her academic achievements.
- A scholarship essay can be a part of the initial screening processes of the committee who will grant the scholarship. They can provide a topic or a question where the content of the scholarship essay will be based on.
- A scholarship essay can be a way for applicants to convince the committee that they are deserving for a scholarship grant. This document may contain the activities that the applicant has been immersed in as well as the added value that the applicant can give not only to the organization but also to the academic institution where the scholarship will be used.
The content of a scholarship essay varies depending on the regulations followed by the committee responsible for the scholarship grant. There are scholarship processes where two or more scholarship essays may even be required.
With this, you need to make sure that you will read and fully-understand the instructions about creating a particular scholarship essay. Though aВ last-minute essay writingВ process can be done when creating a scholarship essay, it will be best if you will allot time when putting together all the information that you would like toВ includeВ in this document.
Sample Scholarship Essay in PDF
Scholarship Personal Essay Sample
Education Scholarship Essay Sample
Importance of a Scholarship Essay
Scholarship grants help realize the dreams of students who would like to study but is financially incapable of doing so. Being invited for a scholarship application is an amazing experience which is why you need to make the most out of it. Always be prepared on how you present yourself especially when it comes to the creation of written documents like your scholarship essay.
The reason why it is essential for you to make sure that you will create a comprehensive and detailed scholarship essay is due to the benefits that it can provide to your scholarship application. Some of the importance of a scholarship essay include the following:
1. It can help the committee know more about you. Organizations look for candidates who truly need the grant and those who have the potential to make the most out of it. Through your scholarship essay, you can easily strengthen your application by providing information about yourself as a person, as a student, and as a possible scholar. Some of the information that is commonly found in a scholarship essay is as follows:
- The leadership roles are given to the applicant
- The reason why the applicant needs financial assistance
- The dreams and goals of the applicant
- The impact that the scholarship grant can give to the life of the applicant
2.В It can showcase your writing skills and other abilities. Your essay is one way for the committee to know your capability to write, think and organize things. Your selection of words and how you construct your sentences are a few points that can affect your application. More so, it is not only the content of your essay that is being reviewed but its structure, format, and other technical areas as well.
Steps in Creating a Scholarship Essay
A scholarship essay may be intimidating to make at first, especially if you are unaware of the ways on how you can easily create this document. If you are having a hard time in creating an effective scholarship essay, here is a scholarshipВ essay-writing basic guideВ that you may follow:
- Understand the requirements of the essay so you can properly organize the things that you would like to discuss.
- It is highly suggested for you toВ outline an essayВ first before finally writing its actual content. You can create a draft of your discussion flow so you will be well-guided all throughout the essay writing.
- On the first paragraph, directly state the purpose of the essay and the content that the readers can expect to see while browsing through your scholarship essay. There are differentВ ways to start an essayВ and all you need to do is to use one that can provide the most positive impact to the people who will review your scholarship essay.
- Your next paragraph should contain supporting details that can further discuss the topic that you have presented on the first paragraph. Elaborate the information that you would like to discuss and make sure that they are presented accordingly.
- You can add another paragraph if you think that the second paragraph is not enough to present the topic.
- The last paragraph will serve as your conclusion. Wrap-up the essay by providing a strong message about the entire discussion.
10+ Scholarship Essay Examples & Samples – PDF
Being a part of a good educational institution can be quite costly. Not everyone can afford quality education, which is why some people opt to join the institution’s scholarship program. Scholars are eligible for numerous benefitsвЂ”most, if not all, of their school fees are covered and they only have to worry about maintaining a certain average. You may also see descriptive essay examples & samples.
But before an individual is granted a full scholarship, one must first apply for college application. In this process, a scholarship essay is involved. In many ways, this will be the first of many college essays you will write throughout your higher academic career.
Personal Essay Example
What Is a Scholarship Essay?
A scholarship essay is exactly what it seemsвЂ”an essay needed for you to be granted a scholarship.
Like a college essay, this might as well be your entry ticket for the given program. It is considered to be the most important part of your application, as the scholarship committee will use this to assess who you are as a person, as well as your outlook in life. This serves as an opportunity to prove that you are worthy to be granted a scholarship.
Nursing Scholarship Sample
Scholarship Essay Example
How to Write a Scholarship Essay
The first step to any essay writing is to pick a topic of interest. Once this is done, it’s best to start off with a draft. With this, you will be able to narrow down your ideas into key points that you wish to highlight in the body of your essay.
Be sure to follow the proper format, consisting of the general parts of an essay.
Remember to start your essay strongвЂ”it should have the ability to spark the interests of your readers.
Finally, end your essay with a confidentВ conclusion. A good scholarship essay ends the same way it started, with an interesting, relevant thought that brings everything to a satisfying close that encourages your readersВ to ponder. A good essay is one that leaves a lasting impression.
Persuasive Essay Example
Tips for Writing an Effective Scholarship Essay
1. Always follow instructions.
People like to be rebellious and go against the rules. But with something as important as a scholarship grant, don’t take any chances.
2. Create an outline.
An essay outline will help you organize the overall structure of your essay. This will ensure smooth transitions between logical ideas.
3. Surprise your readers.
You don’t have to possess the best writing skills in order to be creative and write an effective essay. Simply think outside the box and go out of the ordinary. This is one way of making your essay memorable.
4. Care about your work.
It’s easy to point out an essay that has been written just for the sake of it. These types of essays are sure to doze off your readers.