How to write a Scholarship Essay — Examples
Scholarship Essays should use this formatting unless specified otherwise:
- Two to three pages in length
- Double spaced
- Times New Roman font
- 12 point font
- One-inch top, bottom, and side margins
These scholarship essay examples are provided for insight on how to write a scholarship essay.
Scholarship Essay Example 1 addresses the following question: «Choose a book or books that have affected you deeply and explain why.» In this case, the applicant has chosen the novel Germinal by Emile Zola. The essay is strong and well-written, although not without its flaws.
Scholarship Essay Example 1
The scholarship essay example 2 question (Who has been the most influential person in your life?) is a common scholarship prompt. The example posted here is a winning scholarship submission that deals effectively and affectionately with the question.
7+ Sample Scholarship Essay Templates
A scholarship is a grant that serves as an aid for a student to be able to attain a certain level of education. Most of the time, a scholarship is granted to a student through the financial help of an organization or the school where he or she wants to study. A lesser fee, depending on the scholarship that was given, or free education is oftentimesВ offered to deserving candidates.
There are various criteria consideredВ before a scholarship can be grantedВ to an aspirant. A part of this criteria is a scholarship essay that may or may not be written on the same date of application, depending on the scholarship processes of the learning institution and other bodies who are willing to help. You may take a look at ourВ Essay Outline TemplateВ to guide you in the creation of such document.
Nursing Scholarship Essay Template
High School Scholarship Essay Template
College Scholarship Essay Template
Scholarship Essay Templates Free
Writing a Scholarship Essay
In order to get the scholarship to the school you aimВ to study, your essay must contain your intent and your academic excellence, among others, butВ a well-curated scholarship essay should essentially include the following information:
- The most important part of a scholarship essay is to give thanks for the opportunity that was given to you. Just being considered to apply for a scholarship is already a pleasure and an achievement that you should be proud of. Make the organization feel that you are both humbled and grateful for the opportunity that they have made you try.
- The next thing to provide is a list of the reasons why you deserve the scholarship. Start with your achievements during your previous level of education, which may include both academic and noncurricular activities. You can enumerate the awards and citations that you received and your exemplary performance in terms of school activities.
- Know the mission, vision, goals, and objectives of the school and state how you will be able to help them achieve or promote it should you be chosen as one of their scholars. You should also align the core values that the school or organization give importance of and let them know that you also individually believe that those are important values that can help improve someone’s being.
Remember to always emphasize your intent to study at the prestigious institution when writing your essay. Writing your achievements is a big plus, but more than anything, you also need to emphasize what you could do for the institutionвЂ”whether adding prestige in the form of published journals, academic excellence, or renown.
Apart from scholarship essays, we also haveВ Argumentative EssayВ templates available for download.
10+ Scholarship Essay Examples & Samples – PDF
Being a part of a good educational institution can be quite costly. Not everyone can afford quality education, which is why some people opt to join the institution’s scholarship program. Scholars are eligible for numerous benefitsвЂ”most, if not all, of their school fees are covered and they only have to worry about maintaining a certain average. You may also see descriptive essay examples & samples.
But before an individual is granted a full scholarship, one must first apply for college application. In this process, a scholarship essay is involved. In many ways, this will be the first of many college essays you will write throughout your higher academic career.
Personal Essay Example
What Is a Scholarship Essay?
A scholarship essay is exactly what it seemsвЂ”an essay needed for you to be granted a scholarship.
Like a college essay, this might as well be your entry ticket for the given program. It is considered to be the most important part of your application, as the scholarship committee will use this to assess who you are as a person, as well as your outlook in life. This serves as an opportunity to prove that you are worthy to be granted a scholarship.
Nursing Scholarship Sample
Scholarship Essay Example
How to Write a Scholarship Essay
The first step to any essay writing is to pick a topic of interest. Once this is done, it’s best to start off with a draft. With this, you will be able to narrow down your ideas into key points that you wish to highlight in the body of your essay.
Be sure to follow the proper format, consisting of the general parts of an essay.
Remember to start your essay strongвЂ”it should have the ability to spark the interests of your readers.
Finally, end your essay with a confidentВ conclusion. A good scholarship essay ends the same way it started, with an interesting, relevant thought that brings everything to a satisfying close that encourages your readersВ to ponder. A good essay is one that leaves a lasting impression.